Golden Milk Turmeric Tea Recipe
Golden Milk, also known as Turmeric Milk is a traditional Indian tea, been used for generations for its many health benefits.
Thanks to the antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties of turmeric, which gives the drink its golden colour and the digestive properties of the ginger, this drink may improve your digestive health, reduce inflammation, and relieve pain, among many other benefits.
Let's get right too it!
Serves: 2 | Difficulty: Easy | Preperation Time: 10-15 mins
- 1 cup hot coconut milk
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger powder
- 1 tablespoon virgin coconut oil or grapeseed cold-pressed oil
- a small pinch of black pepper powder or cayenne powder spice
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- In a small saucepan add the coconut milk, turmeric, ginger, oil, pepper, and boiling water.
- Whisk all the ingredients together until you have a smooth and creamy consistency.
- Pour into 2 cups and add a tablespoon of honey.
- Garnish with a dash of cinnamon powder or vanilla powder.
- Serve Hot.
*If you aren't a big fan of coconut milk, almond milk can be used instead or 1/2 cup fat cream 33% +1/2 cup boiling water for keto-diet.
*Turmeric powder and ginger powder will settle to the bottom of the mug, so stir well before drinking.
* Honey should be added right before drinking so as not to ruin its benefits.
*Use hot green tea instead of boiling water for a delicious Golden Milk Green Tea or hot coffee for a energy booster Golden Milk Coffee.